Tuesday, January 08, 2008

teddy bears and moustaches...


I was looking back at old images of Cassi wondering if I had the retouching knowledge "back then" that I do now...would there be images I would have retouched and cropped differently.

So I came across this adorable shot of her from preschool (2003-When I had just bought my first digital camera) and didn't know a thing about photoshop. As much as this is a memory of the day she got to take her bear to school for the "teddy bear parade". The first thing I would do now had I taken this picture today is to bring this image into photoshop and retouch any imperfections....
had I done this....

I would have erased away something that reminds me far more about her childhood than the parade...

her chocolate milk moustache!


She LOVED her chocolate milk and her face was always a mess when she drank it...
so...

even though I thank god on a daily basis for photoshop and the double chins it can remove off my face...

I think I will think twice before using some of the tools I learned in photoshop and leave those imperfections to remind me of the reality of her childhood-not some fixed gaussian blurred representation of it...


God I love that face!!!!!
Enjoy!

1 comment:

amber dawn said...

Amen!
Your little girl is beautiful...and the milk mustache makes the photo! How adorable!