Tuesday, April 10, 2007

Random thoughts


The top two images are "Hurley" which is Amanda's dog. The two below this are Shane which is MacKenzie's puppy!


This is going to be a discombobulated post with just some random musings...bear with me!

1. Are these the cutest puppies ever? My sister Diane and her family recently added on these two (Yes...there are two different puppies shown) absolutely stinking adorable Brown Labrador Retrievers to their family. Their names are Shane and Hurley and these two puppies have already found their place in the Cain family household and hearts! Can't wait to see how big their gonna get!! My sister brought them to my Mom's for Easter and since my whole family is tired of the camera being pointed toward them (although they love to see them afterward!), these poor dogs were harassed all day long! I have oodles of pictures of these willing subjects but barely any of the family-Go figure!

2. Easter was fabulous at my Mom's this year. As always, my Mom cooked a delicious meal, the guys hung out downstairs watching sports (Go Padres!!!!), the kids played baseball with wiffle balls in the backyard, and my sisters and I had some good conversations. We also celebrated Debbie and MacKenzie's birthday with a homemade cake Cassi and MacKenzie baked. It was delicious too! Thank you Mom for making our holidays so memorable!

3. If you haven't watched "The Holiday"-Go rent it. It's a good chick flick and Jude Law is eye candy in it.

4. I got a wonderful thank you email from the couple Geri and I photographed a couple of weeks ago (You can see some of their images on an earlier post). She was super gracious, thankful and excited to view her images. I love positive feedback and it validates what I do. I need to pass this on and send a random thank you note to someone thanking them for the extra effort they make on my behalf! If you can think of someone off the top of your head that deserves that"extra" pat on the back...Go for it! It'll make not just them...but you...feel great and want to "pay it forward!"

5. Tonight I was reading "InStyle" Magazine and came across the new Coach perfume. After trying the sample I mentioned to Cassi that I'd love to get this perfume. She told me that she was going to buy it for me with her savings account...(and by the way she asks...How much does that cost?")

Next thing I know...she has taken the ad, gone online, found the website, found the product, signed up to be on their mailing list (password and all!), put the product in the shopping cart and it's too darn bad she doesn't have a debit card in her name linked to her savings account or my perfume would be on it's way here Federal Express. I don't know whether to be touched, horrified, honored, impressed or just plain scared of how much this child of eight years old can do!!!

Is this post random enough yet?

Instead of continuing to babble...I am going to end this post, go to bed and finish reading the absolutely trashy, hilarious novel I'm reading right now. It has kept me up until at least 1:30 the last couple of nights. I love when I can get into a good book like that! It's called "Breathing Room" by Susan Elizabeth Phillips and the first person to respond that they want to read it...I'll ship it to you for free when I'm done. (Probably tomorrow night.)

Enjoy!!

7 comments:

sherry boles~ said...

Wonderful photos of such adorable dogs! :)

aboutimage said...

Adorable pics!

Glad you had a good time at Easter :)

Ellen said...

Beautiful photos! Those dogs are ridiculously cute. Can't wait to see them as they grow... That's a brave family to take two of them though!

That story about Cassi is so sweet. It is a little frightening though, what they can do on the computer. It's not even 15 years since I was 8, and I don't think I'd ever used a computer... (well, and the internet wasn't invented yet, lol). You've got a *smart* girl on your hands. WTG CASSI!!

A Thousand Words Photography said...

Gosh, I am a sucker for Chocolate Labs (I have one myself). Those are wonderful pics, perfectly capturing that puppy personality :)Too cute!

Angela said...

Those puppies are just so adorable!! Great photos!

Christie said...

oh, chocolate labs are the best. your pictures are so clean looking. they are SO cute!

In-Focus said...

Those pups are just too stinkin' cute!

I'll have to try that book...been looking for some new stuff to read.